Welcome to the Irish Tech Community
Firstly, welcome to the community!
While you might feel a little anxious getting to know everyone around here, most of the time we don’t bite. However, in order to make your life a little easier in terms of finding your feet. Here are some things to keep in mind while you’re here.
WelcomeBot & Abbot
WelcomeBot & Abbot were created to help you guys settle in. The #welcome channel is designed for everyone to introduce themselves to the community if they wish to do so, you will be welcomed by Abbot into the channel. WelcomeBot will also be DMing new users with information which is also listed in the House Keeping section below.
Full details can be found here
Keep making friends, keep communicating, keep passionate about your interests! As a community, we don’t bite so don’t be afraid to express your opinion. Just keep in mind, we all like to challenge each other!
There are a few basic rules about ITC :
- You can’t leave
#general- not our choice! But something to keep in mind
- Remember to toggle your notifications - particularly if you use more then one slack, you can find more information on how to do this on https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/categories/200111606-Using-Slack
- We have disabled
@channel. People have found it to be more annoying than helpful.
- We have guides for pretty much everything to do with our Code of Conduct, Jobs Channel and What is an Admin so be sure to check them out.
- Be nice to the admins, we’re all volunteers here. If we come to you when you notice a problem, please understand we’re only trying to guide and help.
- Promotion of any kind should be placed into #selfpromo, failure to do so will result in a warning from an admin.
- Equally, always ask questions to an admin if you’re unsure about anything.